WHO WE ARE
Peter Nikolic works since 20 years in the branch of professional recording and production of sounds and music. Meanwhile, his two children have also opted for a career in music production. Together they founded the label „Father & Bastards“ in 2018. Production takes place in the urban basement studio – without problems with any residents in a creative and productive atmosphere. In this studio high quality is offered at favorable conditions, which meets the highest standards in sound and design. The artists and their needs are always our focus. Therefore we offer our customers clear and comprehensible production processes and fair contracts.
HOW WE PRODUCE
At the first appointment with artists, we discuss together what needs are and create a plan for production. After this first dialogue you will get a clear offer and a realistic schedule.
The conditions of the label are very fair, the financial profit is not in the foreground of the productions, instead we focus on high quality, authenticity and uniqueness of our productions.
The price depends on the needed individual effort of the production or the project. We are open to all styles of music. Of course our crew has their specialties in genres like Rap, RnB, Trap, Electronic, House or music and sounds for movies and marketing.
On request, also professional instrumentalists for productions outside the label as well as special services in the field of social media, blog page and marketing concepts for artists.
- organized production process (recording, design, pressing, printing)
- high-quality sound recordings and design free labelcode (for registered broadcasts on the radio)
- pr/management of musicians on request,
- also instrumentalists for productions outside the label
- as well as special services in the field of social media,
- blog page and marketing concepts for artists.
This is how the production works
1. Contact by mail / first phone call
2nd 1st Meeting: clarification of customer needs & expenses as well as schedule
2. Offer | Contract conclusion (here are our sample contracts)
3. Recordings | Production – first acceptance by the artist
5. In parallel: Possible production of additional services eg blog page, social media, marketing concepts
6. Track registration
7. If CD: pressure reduction and pressing
Tape transfer agreement
The band takeover contract is not about the label collecting a band, it’s about the partial transfer of rights to the recorded music from the band to their chosen label. That must be so that the label can act on behalf of the band at all. Of course, the further marketing and exploitation of the sound carrier will take place in consultation with the bands and a revenue share determined. The label does not want to enrich the turnover in excess (if it should ever come to what we hope, but in a „divisional music“ is unlikely). The point is that both sides agree by contract that the recordings created by the label can be used for reproduction and advertising purposes. The copyrights and the GEMA rights remain with the musician.